I am a computing science researcher building and evaluating practical systems. I love prototyping crazy new ideas in both electronics and software, and maintain a strong interest in visualisation, user experience design, and media production. I also have a portfolio of creative projects.
- Sep 2016 – current: Trainee Research Technologist, BBC Research and Development
Two-year graduate trainee scheme based in London and Manchester.
- Feb 2016 – Sep 2016: Research Assistant, University of Glasgow
Virtual Machines, Raspberry Pi sensor networks/Internet of Things exploration, circuit and mechanical design for interactive exhibition.
- Jun 2015 – Feb 2016: Freelance Web Developer, Enterprise Screen, Glasgow
Web Design and development, server maintenance, and technical support.
- Summer 2013: ARM Ltd., Cambridge (UK)
Hardware Design Verification in SystemVerilog.
- Summer 2012: ARM Ltd., Cambridge (UK)
Software Engineering in shell scripts and C++.
- 2010 – 2015: Master in Science, Computing Science, University of Glasgow
Courses in Electronic Engineering and Computing Science.
- 2003 – 2010: Abitur, Jacobson Gymnasium Seesen, Germany
- FPGA Port of a Large Scientific Model from Legacy Code: The Emanuel Convection Scheme
Kristian Hentschel, Wim Vanderbauwhede, Syed Waqar Nabi
[doi] Advances in Parallel Computing, Volume 27 (Proceedings ParCo 2015). IOSPress, 2016
- Parallel Programming in Actor-Based Applications via OpenCL
Paul Harvey, Kristian Hentschel, Joseph Sventek
[doi] Proceedings of the 16th Annual Middleware Conference. ACM, 2015.
Prizes and Awards
- MSci Project Prize
2015, School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow
- ARM Sponsored Student Scholarship
2012, ARM Ltd.
- George Young Bursary
2011, School of Engineering, University of Glasgow
Last updated in April 2016.